Through 4 CPS visits, the condition of mom's home was ignored. When the city of Detroit building inspector came out, they noted some very serious states of disrepair and ordered them repaired. Mom abandoned the home in which she'd lived for 15 years.
Mom has used kerosene heaters and an open oven as a primary source of heat through the winters.
- In 04 and 05, Mom lived with her mother for 10 months because of a DTE bill in excess of $8,000.
- In 2007 Mom again lived with her mother for a short period of time.
- In 2009 the city inspector documented some serious repair items needed to Mom's home.
- In 2009, after the inspection, mom abandoned her home of 15 years in favor of renting. For 15 years mom lived in a home that is now uninhabitable.
- Mom filed for divorce from husband #4 on 8/30/2013 (happened after trial)